Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Updates from Colorado

 I'm well into my second summer in northern Colorado. It's not nearly as hot as last summer. We had 11 or 12 days where it was 100+, and I don't think we'll see one at least through the end of July. Early July is typically the peak of summer heat, and temperatures start trending downward. We could still see some heat waves, but it's been much easier.

This summer saw a grand new landscape. I did exactly my vision and created huge raised beds from filing cabinets painted the same colors as my big pots. I even started growing vegetables! That's really new for me, and so far, they aren't dead. I had a spaghetti squash growing until storms got it. I have 2 little red peppers growing. The basil plants are doing well.  

I'm also growing so many plants inside this year, too. I've never had so many plants, but they are in clusters around the house. They make me happy.

I've checked off many more projects around the house this year. I still have more on my list, but I am happy with what I've done in 2023. I don't like to make resolutions. For several years, I've picked a word as my theme for the year and just tried to bring or live that word to life during the year. I like to use Wordle to create word clouds of my word and synonyms. I'd have to go look up in my office to remind myself what this year's word is, but I sure have been thinking about tenacity a lot in the last few months. 

Many things in my life have been the products of tenacity. They say shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll end up among the stars.  Well, astronomically, it's backward but the point is good. 

So while I haven't accomplished every goal and every task, I've done remarkably well. Literally remarkably. I put 10 things on my list, and when I accomplish 3, that's actually great. And often much more than other people do. Over-achiever? Can't deny that. 

Do you focus on the goal or the journey? Do you over-plan and do well when you accomplish a smaller percentage that was on the list? Do you dream big and feel proud along the way? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Just to keep everything positive, healthy, and family-friendly, I check and approve comments.

My best,
Tess

Success with Tess, life coaching since 2007